You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘tom hunter’ tag.
With news today that JJB has finally collapsed, it’s worth taking a look back at other companies that Tom Hunter has been involved with or sold businesses to that have also subsequently collapsed. I’m not saying he is bad at business (he was Scotland’s first billionaire after all) but once he has sold a company they seem to have a knack of going bust.
- Sports Division sold to JJB – Bust
- Qube – bust
- Office – sold, went bust and rebuilt without debts
- USC – sold, went bust and rebuilt without debts
- D2 – bust
- Rangers FC – tried twice to buy them and they went bust
- Travelodge – owns a portfolio of their properties and they have just agreed rent cuts due to them being in difficulties
So what does this record say about Tom? Is he cursed?